Are you considering orthodontic treatment? Dr. David Civils offers limited orthodontic treatment for adults to straighten your teeth and help you achieve the smile you have always wanted. Using clear aligner therapy, our dentist and team can help you align your teeth while also maintaining a natural appearance. To learn more about the benefits of clear aligner therapy in Greensboro, North Carolina, and schedule your consultation, call us today at 336-272-4177!
What Is Clear Aligner Therapy?
Clear aligner therapy is an innovative orthodontic treatment for straightening your teeth. It is an alternative to traditional braces and works to straighten your teeth and smile using a series of clear plastic aligners rather than metal brackets and wires. When you receive clear aligners, our dentist will take digital impressions of your teeth, which will then be used to simulate your treatment and design your aligners. The aligners will be custom-made to fit your teeth and give you a treatment that is comfortable as well as effective.
You will need to wear your aligners for 22 hours each day, removing them only to eat, brush and floss your teeth. Every two weeks, you will switch to a new set of aligners. Each set of aligners will make small adjustments to the position of your teeth. As you switch to new sets of aligners, your teeth will gradually move into their proper positions.
You will meet with our dentist regularly throughout your treatment to ensure that your smile is progressing as planned.
Can Clear Aligners Replace Braces?
Clear aligners are an alternative to braces and can treat all the same orthodontic problems, including:
- Gapped and spaced teeth
- Crooked and misaligned teeth
- Bad bites, such as overbites, underbites, open bites and crossbites
Our dentist will evaluate your mouth prior to providing treatment to determine if clear aligners are a good option for you.
Benefits of Clear Aligners
- Clear aligners are nearly invisible, so no one can tell you are straightening your teeth.
- Your aligners are removable, so you can eat whatever you like and remove the aligners for special events if needed.
- You can brush and floss normally to keep your smile healthy.
- Your aligners are made from smooth, clear plastic, making them more comfortable to wear and reducing the risk that your teeth will be stained during your treatment.
- Your aligners focus on moving only a few teeth at a time, giving you a more comfortable overall experience.
- Less time in the dental chair — while your overall treatment time will take about the same as traditional braces would, you will have fewer visits with our dentist while wearing clear aligners.
Caring For Your Aligners
Because your aligners are made of clear plastic, they will need to be cleaned regularly. If not cleaned, your aligners could cause your teeth to appear dirty, gray or stained. We recommend that you remove your aligner and rinse it with warm water daily, as well as brushing it gently with a soft toothbrush. Do not put your aligner into the dishwasher. You should also remove your aligner if you are playing sports, as it is not intended to function as an athletic mouth guard.
For more information about clear aligners and to schedule your consultation, contact our office today!