It is not always easy to find the right emergency dentist on short notice. To avoid having to endure dental pain longer than necessary, it can be helpful to choose an emergency dental office ahead of time. Here are tips to locate the closest one that is right for you to make things easier.Certain emergency…
The Health Benefits That Come With Choosing Invisalign Clear Braces
Invisalign® clear braces are one of the popular ways to straighten teeth these days. They are a discreet treatment option that does not ruin the appearance of the patient's teeth during the course of their treatment.
Metal braces have historically been the standard way to straighten teeth, but these appliances consist of metal brackets and wires that look like miniature railway tracks. The downsides of metal braces do not stop there, either. Metal braces are also like a magnet for food particles that get trapped underneath the wires and brackets. To make things worse, cleaning these off is a tricky matter since the brackets and wires get in the way of brushing and flossing. As a result, people who opt for metal braces may have a higher risk of tooth decay.
Health benefits of clear braces like Invisalign®
Clear braces provide patients with a mix of physiological and psychological benefits:
- Improved self-confidence: The look of the teeth can be one of the most important parts of someone's appearance. Not being proud of the way one's teeth look like lead to self-consciousness and lower self-esteem. Straightening teeth with clear braces does not make the patient's teeth appear worse like metal braces do. The patient gets discreet treatment and can show off their smile as their teeth move towards a better position.
- Improved oral health: Poorly aligned teeth make it more difficult to clean the mouth. Teeth might overlap each other or erupt at odd angles that make it difficult to clean their surfaces with a toothbrush or dental floss. Fixing misaligned teeth makes it easier to practice good oral hygiene.
- Improved nutrition: Problems with a person's bite can lead to experiencing pain and discomfort when chewing. This can limit someone's ability to properly nourish themselves. Straightening teeth with metal braces makes it even harder to eat a nutritious diet as the brackets and wires have a way of getting in the way. Clear braces like Invisalign® are removable so do not hinder meals. The patient simply takes the aligner out, enjoys whatever foods they want, brushed their teeth and reinserts their aligners.
- Lower risk of tooth decay: Food particles often get stuck underneath the wires and brackets that come with traditional metal braces, and that increases a person's risk of tooth decay. Removing these food particles can be quite a challenge as the brackets and wires limit how well the wearer can clean their teeth.
- Faster treatment: Clear braces deliver more precise forces to a patient's teeth and that often leads to shorter treatment times. The average length of treatment with clear aligners like Invisalign® is a year, and it can be as short as 10 weeks for those with minor alignment problems.
Get started with Invisalign® clear braces
Call or visit our Greensboro clinic to learn more about Invisalign® clear aligners and the health benefits they provide to those who get teeth straightening treatments with them.
Let's get started…
Check out what others are saying about our services on Yelp: Read our Yelp reviews.
A person could become concerned when the term “crown” is used by a dentist, and it can be confusing trying to understand the difference between traditional crowns and CEREC® crowns. Abscessed or broken teeth are reasons a dentist may suggest such a treatment. Traditional crowns can be very expensive and require multiple visits, making it…
For individuals suffering from unsightly tooth issues, a dental restoration can provide a functional and beautiful smile. While a variety of techniques can be used to address various types of damage, dental veneers are a relatively popular choice. Understanding this treatment can help patients make a more informed decision when it comes to the overall…
Most people desire a healthy-looking smile, and one of the easiest and least invasive ways to achieve one is through Zoom teeth whitening. People who whiten their teeth automatically improve the look of the smile and brighten the overall appearance. Discoloration of the tooth enamel is a real problem for many individuals. Professional teeth whitening using…